Sign Up for A Holiday Angel
It’s time to volunteer to be a 2017 HOLIDAY ANGEL! Once again, Cocopah families will help make the holidays brighter for 140 under-privelidged 6th through 8th graders at Bethune Elementary School in Phoenix. Please sign up here: 2017 Holiday Angel Gifts to get a gift for a student, or have your child pick up a tag from the front office. Please return your $25 – $30 gift to school by December 7th.
What is the Holiday Angel Program?
For 17 years, Cocopah, Cherokee, Cochise, and Sequoya schools have been making the holidays brighter for all of the children at Bethune Elementary School!
Bethune School is part of Phoenix Elementary School District #1, located at Buckeye Road and 15th Avenue. All 440 of the pre-K- 8 th grade students receive free breakfasts and lunches at the school, meaning most of the families fall far below the Federal Poverty Guideline. Further, a significant number live in unstable home situations; some are homeless.
For some children at Bethune, your Angel gift is the only holiday gift they will receive. The students are always so excited and grateful to see Santa and get their gift; and the parents and teachers are amazed that our schools are willing to give so generously. It is definitely a heartfelt and worthwhile program!
2017 Angels Tags are now available online and at Cocopah!
You can sign up electronically or pick up a tag in the front office to bring a gift for a student.
- As in past years, you can choose a girl or boy in 6 th , 7 th , or 8 th grade.
- We are asking that you spend $25-$30 per student. Gifts may be more than one item,
but $30 is the total limit.
- No candy, clothes, or gift cards, please. Some ideas are: diaries/journals, make-up, nail
polish, jump drives, purses, wallets, sports equipment (footballs, basketballs,
volleyballs), puzzles, electronic games, watches… If batteries are needed, please
- Please use gift bags with handles to make it easier for the student to get the gift home,
and attach the Angel Tag (or at tag with Grade and Gender if you signed up electronically) onto the gift bag.
- Collection boxes are located in Cocopah’s front office. We will also have volunteers
collecting gifts during student drop-off and pick-up in late Nov and early Dec.
- The deadline to turn your gifts into Cocopah is Fri, Dec 8 th .
Thank you for your participation and Happy Holidays!
If you have any questions, please contact Cocopah’s APT Angel Program Chairs: