Moving Up News for 8th Grade Parents- updated May 23
Dear 8th grade families:
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding regarding seating at our Moving Up ceremony on Thursday. The primary focus is to celebrate the students and their teachers, and make the day a special Cocopah community celebration.
We also thank all those who donated money to help underwrite students who needed financial assistance in order to attend our Moving Up events this year, those who donated snacks and supplies for the dance, and the many parent volunteers who have donated their time ensuring our students have a memorable close to their middle school experience.
We wish our 8th graders the best of luck and the brightest future as they move on to high school next year!
A final reminder on the events for Cocopah 8th graders!
- Weds 6:30-8:30 the Dance Party at Cocopah.
- This event is for 8th grade students only.
- Drop off is by the gates next to the library off 66th Street.
- Only students with previously submitted permission slips will be permitted.
- Snacks & drinks will be provided, students do not need to bring money
- Thursday morning 8th grade student breakfast with their teachers.
- Students should report to their homeroom classes as normal and wait for instructions from their teachers.
- 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony 10:00-11:00 in the Cocopah gym
- Parent check in begins at 9:15 at the front gates – everyone will be required to sign in and get a visitor sticker.
- Please only 2 guests per student, our school gym has limited space. As in past years, students will not be individually recognized during the ceremony.
- Thursday May 25th is an early release day.
- All events require students to adhere to the school dress code.
8th Grade End of Year Events Schedule:
- Wednesday May 24th 6:30-8:30 – 8th grade Dance Party at Cocopah
- Thursday May 25th – Last Day of School
- Early Release at 12:20
- 8th Grade students’ & teachers’ breakfast 8:15-9:45
- 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony* 10:00-11:00 in the Cocopah Gym
*The ceremony will be held in the school gymnasium. Due to space limitations, seats are available on a first come first served basis. This event is for 8th grade parents only, we do not have space for lower grade parents, siblings or extended family. Doors will open at 9:15am
8th Grade Dance Party – May 24th, 6:30-8:30
- Please drop your child off in the main drop off area along 66th Street. Student check in will be at the main gate on the west side of campus.
- Only students with a previously submitted permission slip will be admitted.
- If you pick your child up before 8:30pm you will need to walk into the dance and find a chaperone to sign your child out.
- Food and beverages are included at the Dance Party (Chick-fil-A and Kona Ice).
- Students must adhere to the school dress code.
Moving Up Ceremony – May 25th 10:00am, for 8th graders and their parents/guardians
- Main gates by the front office will open at 9:15am. Parents will be required to sign in and get a visitor sticker.
- The ceremony will be held in the gym, and seating is on a first come first served basis. This event is for 8th grade PARENTS ONLY. Please do not bring siblings or extended family, we do not have the space.
- The 8th graders will have a procession from the cafeteria to the gym at 9:45.
- The ceremony will be from 10:00 – 11:00am. Following the ceremony you may sign out your student or they can return to their 5th period class.
- Please find your student’s Photo Board on the rolling boards and take it with you when you leave. Any uncollected photos will be discarded.