APT Minutes April 26, 2023
APT Executive Meeting Minutes
April 26, 2023, Via Zoom
Call to Order-6:02 p.m. Attendees: Anne Elizabeth, Mr. Olney, Stephanie, Laynee, Bethany, Veronica, Kelly, Victoria, Sam Dollard, Mickey
Principal Report-Mr. Olney
- The last track meet of the season is Thursday, April 27. Cocopah has 18 students who qualified to be in the finals!!
- The Little Mermaid show is scheduled for April 28, 29.
- There is a band concert Tuesday, May 2
- The Disney Trip leaves Thursday, May 4
- State testing is over. Cocopah reached its’ goal of testing 95% of all students, so that was a great success.
- Denham presented the PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) program. Cocopah has been a PBIS school and there is talk of revitalizing this program on campus. The program rewards students who exemplify positive behavior and helps other students learn to make better choices. There is a big push to make PBIS District wide, but the District does not fund the program. There was a discussion to have the APT fund the program for next year. There is money in reserve. A vote will take place at the next Board Meeting.
Teacher Liaison Rep Report – Laynee
- The APT purchased 300 agendas for those students who wish to purchase from the APT. Not all teachers request students to use agendas.
- Gaydos was given $500 to spend on the library this year. She will receive the same amount next year.
- There are teachers who will retire when this year ends. Will the APT give funding for gifts? Submit requests for what you want.
- Teachers enjoyed having snacks and drinks in the lounge areas, supplied by the APT. Send request to the new board, and roll the request into teacher appreciation funding, so this can continue next year.
- There is an end of year staff party of Macayos. There was a discussion of gifting $250 to be used for the party.
- The APT was asked about funding an end of the year gift of Cocopah pajama pants. We need the exact cost.
- We will vote on Macayos and pajamas at the May meeting.
President’s Report- Anne Elizabeth
- Club funding discussion will take place at the May meeting
- We will vote on the 2023/2024 New Board at the May meeting
Checking $ 100,663.84
Savings $ 33,463.96
Income $ 421.69
Expenses $ 8,405.48
- Documents are being reviewed for the next school year
Secretary Report Mickey
- Comments/Update-No Report
- May 8-12- Teacher Appreciation Week. The APT has some exciting ideas planned. There will be a vegan taco truck, desserts, breakfast, and the sunshine cart.
- Spirit wear ordering is complete for the year. We have enough stock for back to school sales.
- March 8-Chik-Fil-A.-Waiting on the results
- Current Fundraiser-Krispy Kreme. We have already profited $492
- Kendra Scott Jewelry- waiting on the results
- Discussed ideas and suggestions to update the APT website. There are about $600 in available funds for the update.
- There has been a lot of traffic on social media. There are posts at least one time a week
- Chaparral bought many dozens of Krispie Kreme Donuts from our fundraiser for their teacher appreciation week. It is so nice to support sister schools!
- Moving Up ceremony has a check in time of 4:00. Ceremony begins at 4:30. From 5:00-6:00, there will be an opportunity for photos, food trucks, and family time.
- 8th grade dance theme is “Kickin it Into Summer.” We hope the kids wear sneakers, dress comfortably, participate, and have a great time. The dance is from 6:00-8:00. Students are required to have a permission slip. They will be “locked in” for the entire two hours. There will be a DJ playing music and dancers to rally the students. There will be a photo booth, games, and prizes. It should be a fun and festive night.